Our Rainbow

Friday, March 16, 2012

Baby Routine

Our bedtime routine seems to be going pretty well I think.  Rose continues to sleep in her own room, in the crib.  The second night I had a bit of an emotional breakdown- the first one since bringing her home from the hospital. I literally cried myself to sleep. I was sad because it feels like everything is moving so fast. She's growing up before our eyes! Of course we want that but I feel the day I go back to work creeping up on me (mid-April) and I SO don't want to miss out on all the special moments with Rose.  Her happy play time is in the late morning and I will miss that. Tim reminded me that she will know I'm her mommy and she will still love me, etc. but I can't help but feel sad/guilt. Ugh.

She had been sleeping 5-6 hours straight and now that we routinely do bath time just before bed she no longer cries in the tub, which makes it easier on me. She normally sleeps from approx. 9:00 pm - 3:00 am then sleeps another 2-3 hours after that before I get her out of the crib & take her downstairs. Last night she shocked me because she SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!! A solid 8 1/2 hours in her crib! I still woke up at 3:30 am, engorged & leaking (the joys of breast feeding) but I was so glad for this achievement. I think it's safe to say Rose likes being in her crib.

The first two nights the motion sensor monitor worked great however the third night we had at least four false alarms after 3:00 am. Needless to say, I didn't sleep at all from 3:00 am on. Eventually I just turned that monitor off.  When the alarm goes off, it wakes up baby. Fortunately for us, Rose just falls right back to sleep.  We tried the monitor again the night before last but it went off again. I turned it off until we can figure out what the problem is.  We might have to stop using it altogether.  At least we have the video monitor so I can see how she's doing.

I truly believe that starting a routine this early makes a big difference- I can see it already, and hope it continues to go well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment